[PHOTO] Talk about TALL - Triple Whammy | Wed, 27 Jun 2001 18:44:11" />

[PHOTO] Talk about TALL - Triple Whammy

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Talk about TALL - Triple Whammy
  • From: laurief <laurief@paulbunyan.net>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 01 18:42:29 -0000

>Check this out...this is a stalk of Hi Calypso blooming in a bed with irises
>such as Good Looking, Evening Gown, Sudden Impact, Ocean Pacific, etc.  The
>bloom you can see is on it's middle branch.   This baby is registered at 40"
>but I'm 5'7" and it came up almost to my shoulder.

I'll see your HI CALYPSO and raise you a TRIPLE WHAMMY!  TW bloomed at
58" in my garden (actually still is blooming).  I, too, am 5'7" and found
it an interesting experience to view an iris bloom at nearly eye level.
LOL!

TRIPLE WHAMMY (Ben Hager, 1990) TB spaceager

BTW, TW is also registered at a height of 40".