  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: ANOTHER UNKNOWN IRIS
  • From: "Eleanor Cecchini" <eleanore@mb.sympatico.ca>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 22:45:06 -0500

Sorry about the photo.  My partner takes the photos with his Minolta and a
complex light meter, but doesn't really always understand what I want to
see.  There's a few more buds, so I'll have him try again.

I'm hoping to get a digital camera soon.  I borrowed a Canon G1 Proshot a
few week ago, and took some pretty good photos, with good colour.  Zooms up
close very nicely as well.  I'd rather take them myself anyway.  With a
digital, you at least know right away if the photo turned out, before the
iris has finished blooming!

I  have a setosa and this iris has much thinner falls.  It's lavender with
darker colour on the falls.  Chuck replied that "this is Iris versicolor, a
native species usually found in swamps, but will grow in regular garden
conditions. Found in many locations in Canada, as well as the USA."  It was
indeed dug from the lake in those very conditions, about 10 years ago.

El, near Winnipeg
Manitoba, Canada Z3