Martin's postings

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Martin's postings
  • From: "Harold" <harold@directcon.net>
  • Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 22:15:34 -0700

On my monitor, the small irises were out of focus but the ground objects were in focus.The TBs were photographed differently and were in focus. I suspect as has been mentioned is that the flower was closer to the camera than the optics could focus. All sorts of solutions are possible depending on the camera and the photographer. Just another of those learning lessions that life seems to be full of.

I would sure appreciate having the hybridizer and year of introduction including with the posting. From an efficiency standpoint, having one person look it up in the iris database is much more efficient that making everyone interested in the bloom look it up. Looking it up also minimizes mistakes.

Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762