Re: Film Festival

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Film Festival
  • From: Martin Foley <emjfoley@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 15:57:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

The photo of Film Festival was taken at the Detroit Zoo, a public place.

I went back out there this afternoon to take some more digital photos, and I tell you, I just don't understand people. Two couples with about a half a dozen children were having a picnic between the rows of irises. The kids were playing some kind of game, something like the old fashioned tag-your it, running between the rows, thru the rows damaging some of the irises. And the "adults" kept picnicing as if nothing had happened. I walked over to them and explained I belonged to the iris club of SE Michigan and that we maintain the beds and didn't appreciate the kids running thru the irises beds.

They looked at me, and said its public property and there was nothing I could do about it. Also, before I had arrived the kids had pulled up some of the iris markers and placed them back any which way, so whats the problem?

Thats the problem we have with a public garden. I don't know who is more of a problem, the so called adults or the kids damaging the irises. So I apologize for any mis-naming of photos as I can only go by what marker is by the iris photographed as I do not have the iris maps.

Martin Foley - VP Southeast Michigan Iris Club

  Randy Squires <randysiris@juno.com> wrote:

I agree with Harold, the picture in the foreground was NOT
Film Festival, the picture in background and to the left
resembles FF, but as Harold said why would and old iris
be a guest, unless it's part of the regular garden and not
in the guest bed.
The subject was:OT-Advertisment: 2003 Spring Regional Tour Guest Iris...
posted 6/3/02

Do You Yahoo!?