RE: OT:Rainfall

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] OT:Rainfall
  • From: "Dana Brown" <ddbro@llano.net>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 18:11:20 -0500

    Thank you to everyone who replied on and off chat.  We are drying out...thankfully.  When we finally got out to the barn we found that there had been about 4" of water IN the back aisle way.  Since we have never had this kind of rain before it is hard to guess where it came in from.
    All in all things are good.  After my first posting we got another inch of rain and a second hail storm.   It appears that all of the seed pods made it!!  Wonder of wonders.  They tell us we had wind gusts of 97 yes, 97 miles per hour.  Now does that tell you how tough an iris is?  The beds are drying out quickly, we had a high today of 92 so that should speed it on its way.

    Thanks for all your concern and best wishes!!!

Dana Brown
Malevil Iris Gardens
Pres. South Plains Iris Society
Region 17, Judges Training Chairperson