Re: Sdlg. Haft Marks

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Sdlg. Haft Marks
  • From: "albee703" <alhbee@aol.com>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 01:28:13 -0000

I have or had a dislike for haft marks. My mother was only person I
knew who grew iris so I must have acquired her dislike. The qualities
were looked on as "throwbacks to the wild ancestors". I have trashed
seedlings because of this prejudice. This goes back to the forties
and I never saw any reason to change.

However, as iris are constantly improving, haft marks if they
complement the iris, are very nice. The hafts marks on Randy's
seedling complement the iris and adds to the beauty. In my opinion, a
self with hash marks would not be complementary.

This the second try in replying to the post as the first was
swallowed by AOL.

Al Bullock
Z7 No Va

--- In iris-photos@y..., "Judy Hunt" <judyhunt1@b...> wrote:
> Randy, this pattern is different than what I consider 'haft
marks'.  This is a lovely seeding; how about branching and bud count?