Re: Re: TB must share my "TIGER HONEY" (& photo too)

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: TB must share my "TIGER HONEY" (& photo too)
  • From: IrisLady <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 11:18:29 -0700

You are right Al, many of those who don't grow iris as a hobby find TH unattractive. They don't seem to care too much for any of the splashed/streaked varieties for that matter. For me - I finding out that the American public as a whole - prefer the clean, simple, and more tailored look in an iris.
For instance with my seedlings: something I would consider a "dog" because it is too tailored or even a bit droopy - - the general public seem to like better than the modern form ones.  And they seem to prefer a self/solid colored iris over an amoena, and surely over other color variations too. They comment on the ruffles, or horns/flounces, etc, but the first time and/or only time buyers seem to go for the simple.  For them - - they find simple more attractive.  Do you (or others reading this) find the public as a whole go for the simple iris too?
Oro Valley, AZ.
zone 8/9