[PHOTO] Re: Sdlg. Haft Marks/Pink SA | Tue, 11 Jun 2002 23:10:24" />

[PHOTO] Re: Sdlg. Haft Marks/Pink SA

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Sdlg. Haft Marks/Pink SA
  • From: Randy Squires <randysiris@juno.com>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 21:07:32 -0700

< Is the fuzzy-ness on the flounces like a frizzy beard?
< If you mind me asking - Who is the other parent?

Margie,
I don't know how to describe it, it's not the same as a beard.
Inside the flounce it looks like a flower, it has a normal beard,
then large flounces. They're some kind of feathery things inside the flounces.
Somebody that was looking at it called them cuticles.
Really a very simple cross: Mesmerizer X Godsend
I got several whites, one which got an EC certificate, one that has
double flounces (which is 2 flounces coming off the same beard, one
on top of the other), a lavender rebloomer, a couple different bi-colors
and this pink one, it never grew well, nothing ever took on it, then
this year it threw up a 42" show stalk with all kinds of branching, had
the first 4 flowers open at once, ended up with 14 flowers. I tried Coral Point,
April Jewel, it's children, selfed it, nothing took, and it's pollen never set
seeds on anything.
Randy z10

JPEG image

JPEG image