Re: TB: seedling 97-88a

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: seedling 97-88a
  • From: "Judy Hunt" <judyhunt1@bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 21:49:36 -0400

Good looking, Merle!  How's branching and bud count?

Judy Hunt, Louisville, KY

Years ago I went on a WIDE HIPS kick and put it on all the blues in the garden. Now I've been using 97-88a with some good results. It has the most substance of any iris i've seen. It holds up to the hot sun for 3 or 4 days and then melts to a wide blob.  Thought I was going to skin a fat hog when I guested in S Cal. a fews years ago but it puked. First photo is in G Richardsons' garden, second one mine.

Merle