Re: OT-Zone

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] OT-Zone
  • From: ROBERT PRIES pries@prodigy.net
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 06:04:17 -0700 (PDT)

Mickey: The zone maps have been realitively consistent
for a number of years although sometimes they are
printed with less detail so the edges of the zone
don't show all the ins and outs. Just this last month
there has been a proposal to change the maps because
of recent historically data (global warming). Whether
the new maps will be accepted is not clear. They can
be a useful guide but one should always try things. It
gives you a clue though as to what micro-climate you
may need in your garden to adjust the normal climates
effects. Your name sounds familiar but I associate it
with sedums. Am I thinking of the right person?-- Bob
Pries