[PHOTO] Unknown Tan Bearded | Sun, 1 Jun 2003 22:51:47" />

[PHOTO] Unknown Tan Bearded

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Unknown Tan Bearded
  • From: slengst@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 23:51:25 EDT

Can anyone identify this bearded iris?  Instead of one of several TB's I purchased, this grew up instead. The owner of the iris farm cannot identify it.  The flower looks like a TB, but it is shorter than some of my IBs.  The buds are very close together.  No purple on the foliage and no scent. I tried to match it up with But Beautiful (which the falls, only, resemble) and English Charm (which the standards, only, resemble).  The beards don't match anything. They are reddish in the center, tan in the middle and white on the end of first blossom but were pale lavender on the end of the second. This is my first use of "iris-photos" so I'm not sure how this works.
Thanks, Sharon

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

JPEG image