[PHOTO] Re: TB: Caliente & Royal Heritage | Mon, 2 Jun 2003 09:25:06" />

[PHOTO] Re: TB: Caliente & Royal Heritage

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] TB: Caliente & Royal Heritage
  • From: Bill & Gale Wells wells@train.missouri.org
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 09:25:32 -0500

Thanks, Cheryl,

Here's the info from the online checklist database:

(Luihn, R. `67). 64-9. TB, 38", ML,, Rl.
"Wine red self; bright gold beard. ((Tompkins 54-173 x Bang) x (Oriental
Glory x Huntsman)) X Forward March. HC `66, HM `69. Mission Bell `68."

As you can see it is listed as R. Luihn '67. I have it in my database as
W. Luihn '68. I think sometimes they are registered and
released/introduced in different years.

I'll need to do a little research on that hybridizer to find out correct
first initial, location, etc. However, I have another iris that is
listed the same way in my database - also by W. Luihn '68. It is Royal
Heritage. It bloomed for the first time for me this year and I like it
very much, too. I've attached a pic. Apparently, Mr. or Ms. Luihn was
working with some nice selfs at the time.

Bill Wells (southern MO)