RE: HYB: Interesting seedling

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] HYB: Interesting seedling
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 15:44:58 -0700

Thanks, Christy, I just checked it and it’s still trying to bloom.  We’ve had temperatures over 100 degrees F. for the past two weeks.  Nothing blooming this time of year here can do it normally.  It has two branches besides the terminal and has had five blossoms all clumped near the top which is typical of stalks this time of year.  I don’t need that bed this fall so it will get another chance.  I had some very nice seedlings that bloomed early, and this is the only one of seven from that cross that bloomed at all.  Crazy weather for the past year has all the irises confused about when to bloom.