  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] VERY RED
  • From: "Cheryl Leigh Chamberlin" clc@cherylleigh.com
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:05:22 -0400

The first line of the description in the Schreiner's catalog says, "An
advancement in the development of red iris". Their photo looks even redder
than mine, with more hints of orange than I see in the garden. It looks
"fiery", though! My mom picked this iris out because she thought it would
look nice with the daylilies in bloom- forgetting that the irises are all
gone before the daylilies pop up.

I don't think this is true red. True red is more like bright red, "primary
color" type red, or maybe red corvette-type red, or bright cardinal red.

Actually, my photo of Play with Fire looks more like both Pat Mitchell's
Dynamite and Schriener's catalog photo of Dynamite! That flower is spent now
but when the next one opens I need to check the beard color. PWF in the
catalog has a red-orange beard and the beard in my photo definitely looks
more gold, like Dynamite's.

Cheryl Leigh