Spuria iris

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Spuria iris
  • From: BBrown5378@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:07:40 EDT

I am new to the group, joined yesterday. I have heirloom irises in my yard, pure purple, and a pure yellow. They are bearded and grow tall and stately. They are both over 50 years old.

I have a question. Is there a difference between the spuria and the dutch irises? What are the differences. In my plant encylopedia, it classifies the spuria as beardless. Dutch irises are beardless, From the picture, they look the same.

I also have Siberian irises growing in a different part of my yard and they are over 50 years old, too. When this place was planted, it was a showcase home. I am lucky to own it now.

Barbara Brown in Boise
zone 6

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor