Re: TB: Dynamite, Play WF, Sultan's P

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: Dynamite, Play WF, Sultan's P
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 16:14:36 -0400

I haven't had all three blooming at once, so this is from memory, but
SULTAN'S PALACE (bloomed last year) is much redder here than either
DYNAMITE (bloomed this year and last year) or PLAY WITH FIRE (hasn't
bloomed in a while - doesn't seem to like global warming - used to be
pretty reliable here).  As I recall, PWF has more orangish cast than
DYNAMITE, which has more of a purplish/brownish/somewhat duller looking
quality.  Both are darker than SULTAN'S PALACE, I think...

Depending on weather & soil conditions, as well as the eye of the
beholder, it wouldn't surprise me if either one of these looked redder
than the other.

Not sure that was understandable....

DYNAMITE has a much larger flower here also, and relatively wider falls
than the other two.

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8