Re: Historic NOID

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Historic NOID
  • From: Pat Mitchell corgilover@wi.rr.com
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 14:37:29 -0500

Cheryl Leigh Chamberlin wrote:
Here's my INDIAN CHIEF photo from last year
> for comparison. I bought it in bloom from Presby Gardens last May. It didn't
> bloom this year.

In the two photos of Indian Chief (yours and the HIPS photo), the
standards look almost translucent.  Is that how they appear to you?
That's the only thing that's keeping me from labeling it Indian Chief
in my garden.  My standards are VERY opaque - more than most I have
observed of the other irises in this color range.

Pat Mitchell