Re: Re: SDB 01-35-3

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: SDB 01-35-3
  • From: ROBERT PRIES pries@prodigy.net
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:33:02 -0700 (PDT)

Some iris folk do percieve open standards as a fault,
although i was not implying that you were one of them.
Although the Judges handbook tries to promote a
diversity of form, some people have a more rigid
standard and that is their prerogative. I never get
discouraged with people having different viewpoints
only if they say that theirs is the only acceptable
viewpoint. Years ago at the beginning of the iris
society we had a dark age were some felt that
"progres" was being inhibited by people growing older
irises. They created a black list and tried to force
nurseries to destry their stock of older irises.
Fortunately today we have HIPS and there is a good
deal of enjoyment from some of the same irises that
were on the black list. I suspect that no one can ever
enforce their viewpoint on the masses but only present
interesting alternative that allow people to choose
for themselves.
--- Catherine Button