Re: Keppel seedlings

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Keppel seedlings
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 14:37:10 -0400

Thanks so much for posting photos of those lovely seedlings.

Which do I like best?  I like the last two photos, M & K, because they
show the foliage.  When I look at cultivars, that's the first thing I
look at.  I know from experience, that even if a cultivar grows well,
increases well, blooms well, is fertile, etc etc, unless it has really
healthy foliage under good garden conditions (which I assume Keith K
has), it will die here.  Either quickly or slowly... depending on which
stressor gets to it first - too much rain, not enough rain, too warm
followed by too cold, etc etc.

So those would die.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8