Re: Re: Historic NOID; Cheryl's Indian Chief

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Historic NOID; Cheryl's Indian Chief
  • From: "Cheryl Leigh Chamberlin" clc@cherylleigh.com
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 14:45:10 -0400

Anything's possible. I bought that iris at Presby Gardens and I figured they
knew more about it than I did.<G> It was in bloom when purchased and I did
have a hard time photographing it. (Presby was selling TONS of it out of a
wheelbarrow naer the entrance to the garden. I guess it grew like crazy for
them, too!)

I know it isn't Dauntless because the foliage doesn't have a hint of purple,
but I also did notice that it didn't look quite like the photo of Indian
Chief on the HIPS site. That iris didn't bloom for me this year. Meanwhile,
I'll make a note that it could be Valerie West and go and find some photos
of that for comparison!

Cheryl Leigh