HIST: Minnesota Mixed Up Kid

  • Subject: [iris-photos] HIST: Minnesota Mixed Up Kid
  • From: "Kelly D. Norris" kellydn@frontiernet.net
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 11:58:02 -0500

I think that this cultivar is one of the great unknowns of the historic iris realm.  It has been dubbed with the aforementioned name and little I think is known about it.  Superstition lists it in their catalog as having unknown parentage/registration but ca. 1970.

The HIPS website “Unknowns” section has a picture of it and a little information.

http://www.worldiris.com/public_html/Unknowns/Unknown%27s_html/MN_Mixed-up_Kid.html

Anyone else know anymore than I do please chime in!  Hope this helps.

Botanically,

Kelly D. Norris

Master Gardener/Freelance Writer

Bedford, Iowa