Re: Historic NOID; Cheryl's Indian Chief

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Historic NOID; Cheryl's Indian Chief
  • From: "David Ferguson" dferguson@cabq.gov
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 21:57:05 -0000

Cheryl,

Just thought that I should emphisize that the photo just
doesn't "look" like 'Indian Chief' to me.  Could be that your photo
is exactly the same as mine, and that the falls are not quite fully
opened out, so perhaps the veining doesn't entirely show?  Also, mine
is just the "majority rules" 'Indian Chief'.  If Presby's is
different, I can't help wondering if by some chance
the "majority" 'Indian Chief' could be wrong?  I don't know how
much 'Indian Chief' has been researched, but I've been of the
impression that it has a pretty continuous, solid, and definite
history since it's introduction, with little chance of the name
swithching clones (again a big question mark here?).  Then Presby's
could have been switched sometime too I suppose.

Dave