Re: Minnesota Mixed Up Kid

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Minnesota Mixed Up Kid
  • From: "David Ferguson" dferguson@cabq.gov
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:09:53 -0000

No help here, just a comment.  I'm familiar with it, and it always
brought to mind W. R. Dykes for some reason.  I've seen a very
similar one, but more saturated with a duller (perhaps slightly more
orange) yellow.  It was very tall with fewer and perhaps smaller dark
spots (not present on all the flowers).  I saw it in Maryland last
year.  I think I got a start, but the manager of the property
wouldn't let me get a piece from the clump that was actually in
flower, so I'm not certain I got the proper one!  Hope so, if not
I'll have to go back to Chincoteague area some day.