Re: Is this Strange Brew?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Is this Strange Brew?
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 11:59:12 EDT

In a message dated 6/1/2004 10:33:06 AM Central Daylight Time, pdoyle@our-town.com writes:

Is this the one in the "Big Dig" that was marked Noid 7-1? I believe that it is Strange Brew.

Pearl, It indeed the same suspect from the Big Dig and I hope you are correct. My reservation concerning it being Strange Brew is the beard and beard area particularly as depicted in Terri's photo. Too, Terri's bloom color is nearer that posted at the Schreiners web site. Still, the verbage accompaning the pic at Schreiners refers to Strange brew as brown.

I'm hoping another photo or two of Strange Brew gets posted as well as any other candidates.

As a point in passing, the lady who supplied the original Big Dig irises in moving out of state and continuing to down size. We expect to dig two more beds near the end of August for "The Big Dig '04".

Kindly start diggin' another hole. I think she still has about 300 more iris varieties.
Smiles,
Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here