Re: Is this Strange Brew?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Is this Strange Brew?
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:32:05 EDT

In a message dated 6/1/2004 12:15:18 PM Central Daylight Time, Autmirislvr@aol.com writes:

What could the other options be?

Several of the people who purchased "Big Dig" irises received this one which was labeled as a noid. My photo, your photo and Pearl's are the same iris.

Visitors here have more than once suggested Change Your Ways as a candidate. The beard of CYW nor the color matched but the color was fairly close. CYW grows here (it's a favorored iris) and bloomed near the same time this year. The comparison was easy to make but I did have to run back and forth a few times.

I'm still going thru photo files hear lookin' for a match. The form and bud spacing on the suspect was so good here and from a very stressed rhizome!

Terri told me the one posted earlier came directly from Schreiners.
Smiles,
Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here