Re: So many choices

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] So many choices
  • From: Rhonda Rizzo <timandrhonda_6@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 07:04:14 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for responding. To late. I have already discovered all the other types of iris. That's part of what prompted my question. How to decide on a few when I want them all!!!!! I must say the pictures I see from the group take my breath away!!!! And add to my addiction for this beautiful flower.

Rhonda

Rochester, New York

Chuck B <whozher@mintel.net> wrote:
Rhonda,
As a new member of the AIS, you will become familiar with iris other than tall bearded iris.  I urge you to try other bearded iris such as standard dwarf to lengthened the bloom season or minature tall bearded (because I like them best) or beardless iris such as siberians to start with.  The bearded iris are done blooming in my garden but spurias and louisianas are in full bloom.  Japanese iris are yet to bloom.  This may actually give you more choices than you thought you had already.  There are advantages and disadvantages for each which you will learn.
Happy gardening,
Chuck Bunnell
Lafayette, IN
Region 6