  • Subject: [iris-photos] RE: TB WISH
  • From: slengst@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 00:45:40 EDT

The photo of "Wish" I posted was from a stunted 1st year plant.  I looked at it very closely, today, and discovered that it has to be Silverado.  The two iris are growing about 10 ft. apart, and making several trips back and forth, the markings and beards, etc were identical, so I feel sure that's what it was.  It was hard to recognize as the 2nd year Silverado is fairly tall and stands above the surrounding iris.  the 1st year one is barely a foot off the ground, due to winter problems, etc so I see it (and photograph it) from a different angle.
I ordered 2 Wish, they appear to both be Silverado - which is OK, its a fine iris. except I would like Wish.  I'll have to try again.
Sharon Engstrom
Colville, WA
zone 4b

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor