Re: Re: [iris] Torchlight Parade

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: [iris] Torchlight Parade
  • From: "David Ferguson" <manzano57@msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 01:14:21 -0600
  • Seal-send-time: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 01:14:22 -0600

Hi Griff,

I expect you're right about 'Torchlight Parade' busting loose soon; it has lots of increases this year.  I don't know 'Amigo's Guitar' nor 'Trudy', but I'll look them up.  My Grandmother's name was Gertrude, and she went by Trudy.  I have the Iris named 'Gertrude', but I think 'Trudy' would be a nice addition too.  I'm ordering 'Kahili', because I'm curious about the other parent of 'Torchlight Parade', is it a smallish one too? Or, is it a larger more "typical" tetraploid?

Is 985R4 the same as your 'Red Wabash'; I don't remember the number for that one.  The 'Red Wabash' didn't flower this year, but is doing well.  Also, 93RR6 is doing well, but also no bloom.  These with 'Torchlight Parade' are planted next one another right now, and you can see a strong resemblance in the plants.  There is a 'Wabash' plant nearby, and it is very similar looking too.  In between are some 'One Desire' and another unidentified pink (came as 'One Desire'), and they really look totally different, even when they aren't blooming.