TB: Pinks/ ICE CREAM SOCIAL

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TB: Pinks/ ICE CREAM SOCIAL
  • From: "Hensler" <hensler@povn.net>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 09:46:44 -0700

Sharon,

Pinks aren't necessarily weaker in our climate. A few good ones follow....

ICE CREAM SOCIAL came from a crosses intended to produce art colors on plants that could hold up to the worst of our weather. Winter low last year was -29.

This photo was just taken and after the pounding rains we've been getting for the past couple of days, and blooms and foliage seem to be sailing through. The color is more of a cocoa pink... darker when it's cool and lighter during warm sunny days.

Christy

Skip & Christy Hensler
THE ROCK GARDEN
Newport, WA