Re: TB: Gilded Cream/detail

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] TB: Gilded Cream/detail
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 10:14:25 EDT

In a message dated 6/8/2004 6:53:59 AM Central Daylight Time, Autmirislvr@aol.com writes:

Can you see the shiny yellow veins in the standards that gave the name?  I'm not able to see it in the pictures. (I know you like that feature.)  It tends not to be visible when it has this look, which is most typical it seems.

Yes, they are there but my capturing them in a photo would be only an accident not that I would not like too. I can consciously, only rarely and then by accident, depict diamond dusting or gilt in a photo.

The way I have it figured is that God wakes up happy every day. You can tell this is particularly so when the sun is shining. He uses it to paint a brighter color over every thing in the landscape including iris blooms. On other days He wakes up laughin'. There is not much sun on such days but you can see his grin as it flashes through the clouds and the volume of His laughter that follows is sometime ear splittin'. I'm usually thinkin' when this happens He's feelin' pretty good today cause He got to sleep late.

These factors kinda' work against photographers capturin' the nuances and details of flower blooms. He just paints with a broad brush while the Devil is into details. I've listened to both of them at various times, walkin' a zig zagged path on a crooked road. My problem is that much as I tried, I never learned much good from the detail guy.

This is kinda' my non technical reasonin' for not havin' a better photo. People are just gonna' have to believe first that God made us. Second that He made us not to lie. And, thirdly, we do what He tells us too. Cause I'm tellin' you my photo ain't much proof without faith.

Gilt is present. Sometimes inside. Sometimes outside...... flowers and people.

Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links