Re: TB:OBSIDIAN (M. Smith '02)

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB:OBSIDIAN (M. Smith '02)
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 23:18:38 -0000

> Donald,
> How does your Obsidian grow?

I don't grow it and haven't tried.  My comment was a manner of
complimenting the photo posted.  That photo is enough to make one
want to try.  Maybe your rhizomes will straighten up and do better.
A lot of black irises are slow and/or puny growers here.  They tend
to bloom later in the season and get cooked.  Generally they are
slow increasers as well.   Not sure why, but that's been the case
quite often with them.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links