Re: TB: Gnu Blues

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: Gnu Blues
  • From: Rhonda Rizzo <timandrhonda_6@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:16:21 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for sharing. I am a new collector that grew up with the old hardy varieties. I remember digging whole clumps placing them on the ground to plant latter and never getting around to it. They survived and thrived where they rested. In your experience are most of the new varieties hardy? Love your picture. Some varieties just take my breath away!!!!! I am keeping a file of those to try and acquire.

Rochester, New York

Zone 5

Sandra <bardraj2003@yahoo.ca> wrote:
Gnu Blues (Kasperek '94)  "lightly ruffled blue-violet; random patches of dark blue-violet"
This iris had a little different winter.  I purchased this iris potted last spring and never got around
to planting it.  So it spent the winter outside in a half gallon pot (on it's side...I think this is important),
with no protection other than the snow.
Well I planted it this spring since the rhizome still looked good and it is doing better than the
two other potted irises that I purchased at the same time and got around to planting last year.
SE Manitoba
Zone 3

N:;no ads
FN:no ads

> ATTACHMENT part 3 image/jpeg name=Gnu Blues.jpg

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links