HYB: umbrata and child

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] HYB: umbrata and child
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 14:13:50 -0400

BarHOM-2 (unknown "umbrata"/variegata X HARVEST OF MEMORIES).

I don't have a decent close up of this seedling but the yellow ground
with white 'spot' on the falls sort of shows in this photo.  One of the
reselects from the 'tough as nails' lines here.

On this seedling (and several of its sibs) the dark 'shadow' on the
falls has been replaced with white.  The reverse of the falls is
yellow.  Up close, the yellow shows through, but from a distance, it
looks white.

Other seedlings from this cross were either yellow or had a slight murky
brownish tint to the fall spot area.

Thanks, Neil, for the wonderful photos of your babies!  Wish I could see
them in bloom.  Does Abbey live any closer to me than you do?

I hope some editor talks Bill into publishing his delightful article,,,

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8