Re: Re: HYB: umbrata (longer)

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Re: HYB: umbrata (longer)
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:30:58 EDT

In a message dated 6/16/2004 7:17:23 PM Central Daylight Time, mcorley@compuserve.com writes:

That was quite interesting and I enjoyed it
tremendously.

Thank you. I spect we are all glad to see it gettin' read.

Polishing the apple some, there is some question if the boat got missed on Progenitor in that post.

A knowledgeable iris person at some point in the past indicated the Progenitor got it's dominant amoena gene from Iris reichenbachii.

In the interest of accuracy, perhaps "Cyclopedia Man" Robert Pries will weigh in with info on this subject.

Iris reichenbachii              Progenitor
Rodney Barton Photo       Schreiners photo via Hips

As a point in passin': They are runnin' fast enough on the other list my wife may turn out right. She says my brains not fat enough to keep up with other's runnin' even if it onetime was.  And she says, even if it was onetime, my belly's too big to let me now even if it one time wasn't. (Translation: Bright and slow are not necessarily mutually exclusive events.) <laughin'>

Seems I need a new (I-sub-s) primer with a precise definition of what genetic component/event/combination/propensity Neil is using it to represent. Maybe it will stick better this time. Where is that ole Mogensen feller when you need him? Does he always start with the assumption we all understand chromosomes and alleles and stuff like that? Has he not heard about slow Southerners?

Laughin',
Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here