Re: substance....and layers

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] substance....and layers
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 11:53:40 EDT

In a message dated 6/27/2004 10:32:56 AM Central Standard Time, bardraj2003@yahoo.ca writes:

The falls on JH appear to have a strong centre rib...I haven't noticed this on other irises and is this
a factor in what is considered substance.

I'm just a beginner . . . a fledgling at these things.  I hardly know enough to ask intelligent questions!  But, here are my deductions. The 'rib' and the 'thickness' of the petal both contribute to what we 'see' as substance.

How wrong am I?  Are there also 'chemicals' that contribute to substance?  For instance, are there any irises with THIN petals that hold up against the elements as well as the thicker petals?

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here