NOT 'Apricot Drops'

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] NOT 'Apricot Drops'
  • From: Laurie Frazer laurief@paulbunyan.net
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 07:51:41 -0500

Hi All,

A friend sent me this iris labeled 'Apricot Drops', which it clearly is
not.  Now we are both confused as to this little lovely's true
identity.  I thought I'd toss these pics onto the list and see if
anyone has any possibilities we can investigate.

I'm not even certain which class this one fits into.  It's larger
flowered than the MTBs and smaller flowered than the majority of IBs,
but it's growing as tall as most of my TBs (which is to say it's
growing within IB height, which is where most of my TBs end up).  This
iris's beard is an interestingly difficult color to describe, actually
- sort of an orangy pink that ends in an orchid/ lavender tip at the
very end of the beard.  That same orchid/lavender color is then
expressed on the fall itself as a light flush just below the beard
(more visible in real life).  The rest of the flower is a nice orchid
pink.

Anybody care to hazard a guess?

Laurie