Re: TB: Stepping Out

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: Stepping Out
  • From: BillBLR@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 12:04:32 EDT

Sharon, I enjoyed your picture of STEPPING OUT.  For years it has been an icon iris for our club.  It was the favorite iris of the late Dean Brand, our best grower and exhibitor.  Our shows have a limit of 25 entries for each exhibitor and Dean regularly had 25 entries.  One year he won 24 blue ribbons and the one that failed was because he forgot to remove a plug he had used to get a branch to grow better.  He and his wife Georgia brought many nice irises to our shows.
Bill Blair, Tulsa

Yahoo! Groups Links