Re: iris denizon

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: iris denizon
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 00:51:53 -0000

Hello Jelcy,

> I came across this in my archives tonight and wondered if you really
> get some hatchlings

Sure - from the tree lizards.  Probably from more than that nest.
There were a lot of little 1" babies by the end of the summer.  A
whole lot!  The ring-necked denizon in the photo is another story.
You seldom see more than one or two and I've never seen little ones.
I doubt they like my companion plants much.  They prefer those rock
outcroppings in the full Texas heat without any shade.  When they want
shade, they'll get under the rock.  Since I have that tall native
rubra in their preferred beds, I'm not sure they'll hang around.

Yahoo! Groups Links