CULT:transplanting

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos]CULT:transplanting
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:01:06 EDT

Someone asked about transplanting now rather than waiting until summer or fall.  I have to transplant whenever I get a chance.  These were transplanted on June 8.  The weather has been HOT and humid.  I had boxes and other material ready to cover them if the plants started to melt down.  To my surprise they did not.  As you can see, I didn't trim the fans!

Although there were two stunted stalks on this portion of IMMORTALITY this spring, I was not happy with the location. IMMORTALITY didn't seem to be happy either.  It's known to be cantankerous so I decided to move it to the new dahlia/rebloom bed where I suspect it will get more water.

One of the rhizomes was dug with the clump of dirt, but the rest broke lose from the soil and were planted bare.  Can you tell which one?  I can't!  Most had new roots (less than an inch) showing.

We've had a slow soaking rain which did help.  It was less than an inch total but took over 24 hours to fall!  Can I order one of those each week? <vbg>

Did get a rotting stalk on one of my seedling crosses!  Time frame is marginal as it had only been there for about a month.  Will dry the seed and plant anyway.

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image