Re: HYB:(Champagne Elegance x Lady Friend) x Romantic Evening

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] HYB:(Champagne Elegance x Lady Friend) x Romantic Evening
  • From: "jgcrump" jgcrump@erols.com
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:30:50 -0400

Well, Bob, I haven't seen any yet; but remember that I seem to be in a climate pocket that doesn't favor rebloom.  Oddly enough, my best reblooming seedling, HAUNTING, came from a cross involving HOLY NIGHT and BEST BET, neither of which ever rebloomed for me.  CHAMPAGNE ELEGANCE has never rebloomed here, either. --  Griff
zone 7 in Virginia
Spent most of the day working in the garden in 95-degree heat without breaking into a heavy sweat, except for a hour or so fitting a screen to a long-unused casement window to provide some cross ventilation while at the computer.  (I hate going in and out of an air-conditioned house.) Now that that is set up, the wind has dropped along with the sun, and I'm sweltering.  Yuk!