Re: Re: I RUDSKYII

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: I RUDSKYII
  • From: Walter Pickett waltseed2@yahoo.com
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 12:17:58 -0700 (PDT)

donald <donald@eastland.net> wrote:
............ Where Macedonia is geographically escapes me
at the moment and I haven't tried to look it up.

Alexander the Great was son of Phillip of Macedonia.  Phillip got the Macadonian tribes together and left it to his young son, Alex age about17.  Al went into Greece, from the north if I remember (I was very young) and while not conquering Greece, he took sides in every inter-city dispute and ended up being in charge.  With Greece and Macedonia as his base, he then conquered Persia.  Then he conquered about everything else in the neighborhood, India, northern Africa, etc, until he died at the age of 35 or so.
Anyway, it seems Maceonia is still more or less to the north of Greece.
Walter