PBF in 'Kupari'

  • Subject: [iris-photos] PBF in 'Kupari'
  • From: "David Ferguson" manzano57@msn.com
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 22:43:04 -0600
  • Seal-send-time: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 22:43:04 -0600

Hi Neil,
Definitely no PBF in my 'Kupari', not even a trace of purple anywhere on the plants at any season.  I do have a "blue" pallida that, very like 'Dalmatica', that shows the faintest trace of purple on the edge of the base of the leaf at bloom time, but you practically need a magnifying glass to find it.  It really surprised me when I noticed it, as the plant is very typical I. pallida.  Even so, I'm not sure if it qualifies as true PBF.
I also have a few I. pallida that show a hint of purple on the young spathes (right before they go papery), but I don't remember which ones.  Seems maybe all the (three) cengialtii clones do, but I'm not certain.
I see the PBF on Tom's pod-loaded hybrid too.  Otherwise I thought the plant looks a lot like I. pallida.  I can't remember what 'Rosemary's Dream' looks like, and now I'm curious.

Yahoo! Groups Links