the links

  • Subject: [iris-photos] the links
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 09:36:19 -0400

Tom, I simply took one of your earlier links, copied the two-line link into
Notepad, brought the second line up to the first so they connected, copied
by right-click, "Copy" then pasted it into the line of the browser that
shows the URL.  I had to put a space between the two line's text for it to
work, but then I had it.

That sounds a lot more complicated than it is.

I keep a "Notepad" icon in my bottom tray (same line that "Start" is on) so
I don't have to go Start-Accessories-Notepad every time I use it.  That's
how I deal with those on-line postings where the text line runs for 255
characters or so before a Carriage Return.  I just highlight the whole
message, right click on the black, select "Copy" then hit the Notepad icon,
paste the text in and I have the e-mail or Iris-talk message nice and neat,
short lines, easy to read paragraphs.

I sure found those messages frustrating at first, then I figured out the
easy way to read them.

The only problem with your links in the other messages was that the URL got
split into two lines.  Clicking on it only picked up the first line, not the
whole thing, and that gave a no-show result.

Pasting them together solved the problem in short order.

This last shot of Rosemary's Dream is the best one so far, anyway.

I've been growing Carolyn Rose for several years.  It is in a lot of peds
and seems to be a very strong "benchmark" MTB for establishing type.
Rosemary's Dream seems to be somewhat similar.

Neil Mogensen  z 7  Reg 4  western NC mountains