Re: HYB:red seedling:Linda

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos]HYB:red seedling:Linda
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 16:39:21 EDT

In a message dated 6/18/2005 2:14:52 P.M. Central Standard Time, jgcrump@erols.com writes:
I wasn't able to find your earlier message re the red seedling from BLACKOUT.
Griff, Linda and I were talking about black irises that might carry rebloom.  (off list) I mentioned BLACKOUT.  As she's mentioned before, she can't download pictures so I send the pictures to iris photos so she can look at them!  This is the same picture I had on bus #1 that you and Ken saw.
((Her Royal Highness X Inferno) x Journey (sib) X Blackout
The pod parent is a sporadic rebloomer and was originally scheduled for introduction this year as ANOTHER JOURNEY.  It was a sibling cross.  I've not been pleased with it since I moved it out here so I may not introduce it.
This new seedling, 1614-1, was planted in my friend's garden and maiden bloom was last year.  I was impressed with several from the cross but this one had extra clean hafts, in addition to good growth habits, so I brought it here to line out last fall.  Heavy pbf too.  I remembered liking the branching but didn't remember it being this good.  I have 7 clumps.  So far no rebloom.  I'm especially fond of the smooth look of the falls.  No crosses on it yet.
In the early days of breeding for red rebloomers I collected a number of older sporadic rebloomers.  INFERNO put up fall stalks for me in Alvaton, both 1986 & 1987.
I have a reblooming red seedling from GALLANT MOMENT X FEED BACK.  But FB is giving me that fall spot.
I almost gave up breeding the red lines.  The pod parent on this one was threatened with the shovel, and that's when it started reblooming!  <vbg> The GM X FB one?  One fall, I threw most of it away and then noticed a stalk in the last clump!

Yahoo! Groups Links