Re: TB: Violet Miracle pollen donor

  • Subject: Re: [PHOTO][iris-photos]TB: Violet Miracle pollen donor
  • From: "David Ferguson" manzano57@msn.com
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 22:28:15 -0600
  • Seal-send-time: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 22:28:15 -0600

I had an interesting misinterpretation of your text - one of those first (wrong) impression things.  I saw the "001" and "002" and thought they were years.  Then I looked at the photos and thought "wait a second, those were taken on the same day!"  It took me a few minutes to mentally click to the fact that those were the numbers of the photos.
Anyway, I hope my kids catch the bug (or a similar one) too.  Much better than some other things they might "get into".  One is very attentive to and fascinated by such things (but he's only almost 2); the other is curious, also attentive, but looses interest fast (but he's only almost 5).  While young, their thin little fingers will be much better at Iris pollination than my big (relatively) fat adult fingers.  I always have a hard time getting the pollen on the stigma, especially on those smallish old-fashioned and species types I like so much, and I never seem to remember to take a tweezers or similar tool out to the garden with me.
Now I'm curious to see what her cross will yield.