RE: Black Andromeda pedigree

  • Subject: [iris-photos] RE: Black Andromeda pedigree
  • From: irischapman@netscape.net
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 06:42:59 -0400

I got my plant from Don Spoon a number of years ago. When it bloomed, I too
wondered about the name and if it was correctly named. I coresponded with Don
who assured me it was indeed Black Andromeda and the same as his and that the
name  reffered to the black colour on the falls. He was very certain that it
was the correct cultivar. It does fit the registered information and pedigree.

I too expect something with Black in the name to be a solid black, but that
is just a convention. I've had people expecting the cultivar "Violet Dawson"
to be violet when the name reffers to a person and not the colour.

Chuck Chapman
: Re: Re: Black Andromeda pedigree

In a message dated 6/19/2005 7:03:26 A.M. Central Standard Time,