Re: 2003 Seedlings

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] 2003 Seedlings
  • From: iris4u2@comcast.net
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 23:35:16 +0000

Patti, My thoughts exactly, truly a different iris.  The ring on the Standards is stronger than Ring Around Rosie, enhanced I believe by the gold or orange from Leading Light.  The border on the Falls isn't as defined but the blending of the colors is very appealing.  I have five tags where I attempted to make crosses but only one appears to have taken.  Too much moisture this year so not many crosses took.  We will watch it for the next couple of years to see how she does.  Six increases on its maiden bloom

Bob in Denver
Iris4u Iris Garden