Re: HYB: Sugar Blues X

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: HYB: Sugar Blues X
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:25:27 -0400

SUGAR BLUES has neither, here anyway, but the ancestors might contribute

Don't know about BANANA CREAM.

I sometimes see a lot of branch & bud production on seedlings descended
from G.P. Brown rebloomers via Zurbrigg intros.  I've always assumed
there was quite a bit of I. aphylla way back in their background that
contributes to their cold hardiness as well as all that prolific branch
& bloom production.

For example, IMMORTALITY certainly doesn't do that here, nor does
CELEBRATION SONG, but one of my rebloom seedlings from that cross does
now and then when it's happy.

And I see that in a lot of seedlings from G.P. Brown via Zurbrigg
crosses here.

An old rebloomer that had something like 30 buds on one stalk once here

So, yes, 12 certainly <is> a great number on rebloom (!), just not too
surprising to me from that background.

But I didn't answer your question <g>

<Linda, My question is how many buds on the parents?  12 is a great
number, especially on rebloom.

                   Jan in Chatsworth>

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links