HYB: Sugar Blues X

  • Subject: [iris-photos] HYB: Sugar Blues X
  • From: "Mary Swann-Young" MryL1@msn.com
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 07:36:06 -0500
  • Seal-send-time: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 07:36:06 -0500

I would have guessed the branches came from Banana Cream, which ordinarily has 3 and about 8-9 buds.  My Sugar Blues typically has 5 buds and no more than 2 branches.  The few seedlings from SB have been deficient in branches until this one. This is the first I have using BC.  But my Jennifer Rebecca had 13 buds last fall, so maybe it is the Zurbrigg influence.

Very few live up to their advertised potential in branching and budcount here.

Unfortunately, the wonderful fragrance is mostly lost in this seedling.

Mary Lou, near Indianapolis, Z5 - unremitting heat.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS