RE: HYB: TB sdlg Oretta's Shadow x Romantic Evening

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] HYB: TB sdlg Oretta's Shadow x Romantic Evening
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 12:52:18 -0700

Hello, Steve,

This picture was taken looking down at this seedling.  To do a better evaluation, I would like to see a picture from the side of the blossom.  I like the colors.  I don’t know Oretta’s Shadow, but I see the Romantic Evening influence in it so I wouldn’t doubt its parentage.  It has wide open standards, which are acceptable, but which I personally don’t like.

The white streak may be a one time mutation.  They are rather common.  Watch and see if it appears on any of the other blossoms.  If it does not, then it is just a mutation on that one flower.  Always keep interesting seedlings until you decide you need the room for something better.  It may be better next year; it may be worse.  Part of the fun is in second bloom also.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9